If you have your lawyers present at the mediation, you can, have your agreements drawn up into a Consent Order to lodge in the Family Court.  This would then become a legally binding agreement.

If you don’t have lawyers present, you can still agree writing that you wish for your agreement to be either a Parenting Plan or that you have the intention of having their agreement turned into a Consent Order in the Family Court.

In general, any agreements made during the mediation process will be recorded by the mediator and a copy will be made available at the conclusion of the mediation to each client.

Unless the parties otherwise agree in writing, any agreement reached will be a good faith agreement.