If there is no agreement reached at mediation, you have a number of options:

  • reschedule a further mediation  – sometimes it’s too early (post separation) to reach agreement, or there isn’t enough information to make decisions.  It is common to require more than 1 mediation session.
  • consider doing a FDR-1 (Family Dispute Resolution for One) session with another of our highly experienced mediators.
  • contact a lawyer to get further legal advice
  • request a s60I Certificate to enable you to commence proceedings in court for children’s matters. (no certificates are required for property).