Annabel Varvel – Brisbane Family Law Mediator
I am currently taking a break from mediation until at least mid-2021. If you need any other recommendations, please call me.
I love to help families. I am a mum so I understand how much we all want what’s best for our kids. I like to help parents make plans to make the future better for each person in their family. As a former family law solicitor I have seen the destruction the legal process can have on peoples lives and I love that at as a Brisbane family law mediator I can help in a constructive, positive process that’s aimed at moving forward, not focussing on the past.
I pride myself as being a top Brisbane family law mediator who cares about your family. When I started my practice in 2012, I wanted to ensure that private mediation wasn’t only available for the very wealthy. I provide excellent experience for an affordable price.
The aspects of my practice that I value most are that I am:
FRIENDLY I am a real person who cares about helping your family.
AFFORDABLE I am very reasonably priced Brisbane family law mediator who prides myself on offering my clients exceptional value for money. Usually my fees are $600-1000 per person.
EFFECTIVE I work hard at helping you try to resolve your issues so that you don’t end up in court. I want you to have an agreement that works for all members of your family.
PROFESSIONAL I am a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner registered with the Attorney-General’s Department and therefore able to issue s60I Certificates. I am also a Nationally Accredited Mediator.
EXPERIENCED I have been mediating for Brisbane families since 2009.
LOCAL I am a local Brisbane Family Law Mediator.
- Previously a Family Law Solicitor working in Sydney, then for Emerson Black, Brisbane.
- Ran my own life coaching practice, Living Edge Life Coaching.
- Worked as a Family Law Dispute Resolution Practitioner from 2009-2012 for Relationships Australia.
- I have been mediating privately in my own business since 2012.
- Bachelor of Arts/Law (SydneyUniversity)
- Registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP) with Attorney General’s Department able to issue S601 Certificates under that section of The Family Law Act 1975
- Nationally Accredited Mediator. Under the NMAS (National Mediation Accreditation Scheme)
- Solicitor in the High Court of Australia, Supreme Courts of NSW and Queensland. (No current practising certificate)
- Member of Leadr.
- Member (Assoc) of Queensland Law Society.